For obvious reasons, this recipe caught my eye right away. Healthy. Delicious. Quick. By now you know this is my (attempted) mantra for weekday meals.
We also roasted some brussel sprouts on the side:)
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish
- 1-2 garlic cloves, to taste (I love garlic but the avocado is easily overpowered so go easy!)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- About 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (we used whole wheat spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
First, boil the water for the pasta- the delicious sauce takes only about 8-10 minutes to make! Then peel the garlic cloves and halve and peel the avocado. Wash and separate the basil leaves.
Combine the olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in the food processor.
Then add the basil, avocado, salt and pepper and pulse to blend. Drain the pasta and put that delicious sauce on top.
Mix it in well. Add the lemon zest, parmesan, salt and pepper to taste.
Throw some veggies on the side if you’d like and then you’re ready to eat!